SOCIAL MEDIA

10 Things to Pray for in the midst of Trial

4.23.2017

There was a time Tyler and I were trying to participate in a study that would allow us to do one round of IVF at practically no cost. Our Doctor had explained that this study would be a great option for the two of us. In order to participate, we had to be "eligible candidates". For the most part, we met all the requirements with ease. The only thing left for us to do was blood work. In the end it all came down to ONE hormone level. To put it simply, they needed to make sure I had a high enough egg reserve in order to ensure the greatest chances of success. 

This incredible opportunity was riding on a few nano-grams! Together we decided to enlist our families in the "prayer fest". Tyler and I prayed, fasted, and pleaded with the Lord that we could make it into this study. We knew with Him all things were possible. 


The Lord can be our greatest source of strength. The best way to access that strength is to remain close to Him through prayer. However, some times we need to be reminded of where to start and what we can pray for.
Eventually, we got our results. Our numbers came back just under what they needed to be. Needless to say, we were not invited to participate in the study. 

My faith was shaken. I had done everything I could think of- Our families had exercised their faith as well. WHY did this not work?? 

Shortly after this event, we decided to move forward with our second IUI fertility treatment. We continued to attend our church meetings and study our scriptures. But unfortunately, every time I would kneel to pray, I just couldn't get the words out. What was the point? My prayers obviously weren't being answered. However, I continued to pray.

"Dear Lord, please... I'm here. Amen" 

"Dear Lord, help... please. Amen"

I remember sobbing to Tyler as I explained, "I DON'T know what to pray for anymore!" I feared that if I prayed for this treatment to work... and it didn't... I would quickly lose the faith I had left. On the other hand, I felt in order to access the help we desired, we must first ask. I had learned that He knew the desires of my heart but I had also learned that we needed to communicate with Him. In the end I knew it was up to the Lord, so what was the point?

The point is God is not going to remove our burdens because we asked. However, He WILL take the opportunity to change us for the better if we let Him. 


If you are feeling discouraged or struggling with prayer, consider this...



10 Things to pray for in the Midst of Trial

1. Pray for comfort- Pray that you may be at ease; That you may find relief from distress and grief.

2. Pray for strength- That you are able push further than you thought possible. Pray that you may overcome the barriers that once held you back.

3. Pray for wisdom- Pray that you can be wise enough to gain perspective. That you can be educated and well versed in the options that may lie ahead of you.

4. Pray to be free from jealousy and envy- Pray that you may find love in your heart and that you may not be tied down by the black cuffs of jealousy. That you will find compassion for those around you.

5. Pray for clarity- Pray for your eyes to be opened to new possibilities. Pray for clear direction that you will understand which way you should go. 

6. Pray for peace- Pray that you may find quiet moments to ponder and experience emotion. Pray that you will the "calm in the storm". 

7. Pray for discernment- That you will have the ability to judge situations properly. Pray for the ability to make good decisions. 

8. Pray for a sense of community- Pray that you may find those who can relate to what you are going through. That you may connect with others who need your strength and experience. Pray that you may feel a sense of belonging and human connection.

9. Pray for trust- That you may trust yourself to know what's best; Trust in the Lord that he will never let you down, and trust in others that they will guide you correctly.

10. Pray for purpose- Pray that you will find meaning in life. Pray that you will recognize what you are achieving. Pray that you will find intention.

Above all, if all you can do is get down on your knees just to say, "Lord, I'm here..." 

Remember these words

“Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.” -Jeffery R. Holland

Post a Comment