SOCIAL MEDIA

The Waiting Game

12.07.2016
This year on Labor Day Tyler and I decided we would take advantage of the “Labor Day Sales” and buy our first new mattress! They told us that we’d have to wait about 3 days for it to be delivered. I anxiously counted down the days! We were told the Mattress would be delivered between 12:30 and 2:30 PM. I wasted most of the morning completing small nothings. As that window of time came around I felt as though I could do absolutely nothing until that mattress arrived. Heaven forbid, I couldn’t study, I couldn’t start baking anything, I couldn’t clean out my closet… Because that mattress would come and I’d be interrupted anyway. I would start my day after the mattress was delivered.

I found myself excited every time I heard a truck outside. I would sit and just stare out the window afraid I would miss it. I had my phone on loud and would check it every 30 seconds.

2:30 rolled around and the truck still hadn’t come. Because the store had a 2 hour window guarantee, I called the store. They told me there was a hold up and it would take longer than planned. (They refunded me the delivery fee)

I sat waiting feeling irritated that I hadn’t studied, or cleaned or anything during that entire time. Because “my day couldn’t start until that mattress arrived.”

How often do we feel immobilized when waiting? How often do we wish we could move forward but we feel stunted just… waiting?

As I relate this to our experience of infertility I realize, we are waiting for this baby to come and I am just stagnantly waiting. I am immobilized just… paralyzed while we wait and wait for something to happen. I sit thinking what if “my life can’t start until I have a baby”? I could be going to school, I could be strengthening talents, I could learn to be happy etc.

We can not just sit around and wait to make a decision. So what if life "interrupts your plans". We need to keep moving forward and not be afraid of the consequences. Time is going to pass no matter what you do with it. Now GO LIVE your life!




Post a Comment