SOCIAL MEDIA

Break me Lord

3.03.2018
I recently had the opportunity to listen to some inspiring women speak about their faith, growth, and trials. As I sat there listening, my heart was full. I couldn't help but admire these women who had drawn so close to God despite their heartache and struggles. It became so clear to me that each of these women had a few things in common. They had all humbled themselves to the Lord, submitted their will to His, and allowed Him to carry them through.  

All of the sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks! An epiphany that I hadn't recognized until that very moment. Our trials and heartaches should be counted as some of our most precious jewels! All of our burdens that we carry are for our own good. These experiences have been placed in our lives as an opportunity to draw near to Him. God is orchestrating a beautiful masterpiece from our lives. He is creating a journey beyond my comprehension. He is changing me in ways I never considered.

I once heard a quote that said "Come as you are, but don't plan to stay as you are." - Jeffery R. Holland It is our soul purpose in this life to change for the better. As these words entered into my mind, my eyes welled with tears. I offered a simple yet fervent prayer. "Ok Lord, I'm ready... Go ahead and break me. If that is what I need in order to become who you know I can be.... break me. Shatter me into a million pieces." I knew with my whole heart that God could build something beautiful with my broken self.

It was once said that God loves broken things.. why else would he have made so darn many of them? God wants us to come to him with a broken heart. He wants us to humble ourselves before him. He wants to show us the beauty that can come from brokenness … “God uses broken things. It takes broken soil to produce a crop, broken clouds to give rain, broken grain to give bread, broken bread to give strength.”

I immediately felt incredibly blessed and grateful for my trials. Never before in my life have I felt God's love for me so strongly. This whole experience has made me more compassionate towards others. It has opened my eyes to a whole new world. I study harder. I pray harder. I love more. I hang on to every word in every song that is sung at church. I crave these peaceful moments and do everything to seek them out.

Once I felt this intense gratitude, I found myself saying, "Please don't take this away from me just yet. I'm just getting to the good part." I am just now learning what it means to find refuge in the Lord. I am just now starting to understand what my relationship with my Father in Heaven can be. It is heart-wrenchingly beautiful!

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew Ch. 11

God asks that we rest in Him. Through Him, we can find our haven. Through Him, we are limitless. There is no barrier we cannot overcome. When we hit that point where we are low enough to find God, we will see that we can be lifted through his grace. His love for us is so very real. Trust in Him and allow Him to change you to become more than you ever thought possible.

8 comments :

  1. This was so beautifully expressed! You words are so true and I'm grateful that in your young life, you have learned that the Savior is your refuge. You have touched so many people by sharing your sorrow, but your perspective. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate through this difficult time. I believe though, that our God is a God of miracles. Keep your hope burning bright. Love you! Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Renee! Dear friend! Thank you for your encouraging words and for your love! I am so grateful for your light that has also touched so many hearts! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. I’m humbled by your faith. During a strong test of faith thirty years ago I was prompted to pick up my scriptures and to begin reading where I had left off. I resisted, but the prompting became stronger. I finally picked them up and opened up to Romans chapter 5. I’m using my phone and can’t copy and paste, but to paraphrase verses 3-4, we are to rejoice in our tribulations for they result in patience and with patience comes experience and experience hope. I have not yet reached the point of rejoicing in my tribulations, but I have become more patient through them. I would still prefer to live a tribulation free life, but have accepted that they work towards making me the person Heavenly Father intends for me to be. I look forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know you through them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Trudy this is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your sweet experience and knowledge! Thank you for readibg and for all the support! I am so humbled by your comment! Please stay in touch! I am sending prayers your way

      Delete
  3. beautiful, i am excited to read more about your journey. thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay thank you so much! This feels so encouraging to keep writing and sharing! Thank you for that!

      Delete
  4. I love that you use the word Haven. My broken pieces are very different than yours. My brother died 9 days before my Chiara Haven was born. She was named before he died, but I think that God gave us a name that would help strengthen us. We sure do love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is absolutely beautiful! Your baby girl has the most wonderful name! I'm am heart broken by your journey but I am strengthened by our connection of heart ache. I am so humbled by your journey and I am praying for your family! Thank you for reading and for your comment! It means more than you know!

      Delete